<p><p><div class=”dcsbcm_divi_breadcrumbs_wrapper clearfix et_pb_module et_pb_bg_layout_light et_pb_dcsbcm_divi_breadcrumbs_module_1″><div class=”dcsbcm_divi_breadcrumbs” xmlns:v=”http://rdf.data-vocabulary.org/#”><span class=”dcsbcm_divi_breadcrumb” typeof=”v:Breadcrumb”><a rel=”v:url” property=”v:title” href=”http://www.provence-mas-des-iles.com/”>Accueil</a></span><span class=”dcsbcm_separator”> » </span><span class=”dcsbcm_divi_breadcrumb dcsbcm_divi_breadcrumb-active”></span></div></div><!– .dcsbcm_divi_breadcrumbs_wrapper –></p></p>
Sustainable development charter
Our commitment for sustainable tourism. Sustainable development is development that meets the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs. (Brundtland report, 1987)
At le Mas
• Selective sorting paper,plasticand glass
• Food waste goes to our chicken
• Gradual change to low energy light bulbs
• Appliance with low energy class A consumption
• Use nature- friendly household products
Around the Mas
• Use of alternative transports as local bus, train or bicycle
• Preference for local products
• Knowledge and use of local wild plants and herbs
• Preservation of Wildlife
• Participation in the maintenance of footpaths
• Adapting structures to physical disabilities: raised bed, shower seat and handles.
• Participation in a restoration program of the historic heritage and revitalization the city through local civic associations: “Vivre à Pont”, Renaissance du vieux Pont Saint Esprit
• Participation à un réseau de professionnels du tourisme afin de dynamiser le territoire
• Active participation in development of the area through various actions.
• Improvement and adaptation of Mas des Iles based on trends and demand.
Sustainable tourism: a fad?
Sustainability is everyone’s concern. It is true that this phenomena is sometimes used for purely mercantile reasons. As a result, many are rightly suspicious of this trend. However, beyond the wave of current fashion, sustainable development is a commitment we have made to our customers. In addition, this is an ideal we believe in and are working to achieve.
The spirit of sustainable development is: « think global, act local ». (René Dubos)